My happy list 2.0
Oh man, it’s such a cliché, but time really does fly! We’re halfway through 2018 already! That means it’s time to evaluate the past six months and especially pay attention to the happy stuff, the stuff I am grateful for. I hope it will give you a little spark of joy thinking about your happy moments. In the meantime, here’s what on my happy list 2.0.
- The biggest surprise of the year: my nomination for the Young Talent Award 2018 as a part of the Topvrouw van het jaar election (corporate female performance award election). I feel so honored to be representing my company in the national competition. Huge bonus: shopping spree with a personal shopper to prepare for the big day.
- Watching interviews with the legendary author of the Harry Potter series: J. K. Rowling. She has been such a great part of my childhood (and let’s face it: adult life too) and still is my biggest inspiration when it comes to writing. My faves include her interview with Oprah Winfrey and Daniel Radcliffe.
- My Kobo e-reader. This has been a savior on trips. Not only is it lightweight with virtually all the books I would need on it, it has also been great when the boyfriend forgot his book on our trip. A few minutes of online browsing for a book later and it was downloaded on the device. Instant happiness!
- The super long summer weather we are experiencing this year in The Netherlands. I have been enjoying the sun since early April and it is still going strong. With this weather, the Dutch islands are awesome weekend destinations.
- Being all settled after moving house. Yes, it was quite the step to move in together with the boyfriend. However, totally worth it as it has been amazing.
- Looking through old pictures with the family. A few weeks ago, my brother found a collection of old childhood pictures. We have been looking at them with my parents and laughing a lot while reminiscing.
- Bringing sexy back again. No, not me, but I am going to a Justin Timberlake concert this summer which I am really excited about.
- Making sure I am buying happiness, instead of materialistic matters.
- Finishing the self-authoring program on goal setting. It has given me so much more clarity.
- Suits season 6 premiering on Netflix on July 13th. Ah, let the binge-watching begin.
- Going to my physical therapist. Why do I like it so much? She happens to be one of my close friends. So not only is my back all great again after an appointment, it gives us the opportunity to catch up much more frequently.
- Bubble tea has been my most craved drink of the last months. I especially love the traditional iced oolong tea with tapioca pearls. I’ve been that bad that my stamp card is almost allowing me to have a free one.
- Spotlight training by Adella Langdon. It has been so useful already as I have been applying it almost daily since I had the training.
- Lots of reading. Even though I feel I do not always take the time to read, I feel happy when I see that I have actually read twelve books this year. So far, I am still on track for two books a month! Among them are The seven habits of highly effective people, Happy Money, Rich Dad Poor Dad, Do The Work, 30 Methods of Influencing, and Unshakeable.
- Yoga. It started out as a 30 before 30 goal, when I first went to yoga class. A little later on I discovered it was an amazing form of moving meditation. Now, I am hooked on going every week (twice if I can).
What about you? What has been making you happy and grateful the past six months? Share the happiness in the comments below!