For your little dose of happiness: My happy list
SCREW YOU AUTUMN! Yes, the days might be shorter and colder. Yes, the workload at the office might just have exploded. Yes, there might be traffic jam all day on the road. But I am not letting it get to me as we still have a lot to be thankful for. As author Roy T. Bennet states: Happiness is a choice. So therefore, I am choosing to be happy, this INSTANT! To remind me what to be thankful for, I am summing up my happy list. The concept is pretty simple. Step one: write down whatever makes you happy. Step two: read whenever you’re feeling down.
Things that have made it to my happy list:
- Warm mug of Vietnamese dragon pearl tea, which tastes especially great in one of my Starbucks skyline mugs.
- Coming home from work and slipping into my Harry Potter jammies and UGG slippers.
- Having my brother and Ashley on speed dial, whenever I am in the car. Speaking of cars, my new one will finally be delivered in a week! Goodbye soccer mom car, hello shiny new Peugeot 308!
- Watching Planet Earth with the boyfriend on Friday night. Nope, no parties for us. Just some casual nerdy documentary time will do the trick.
- Tim Ferriss publishing a new book next month: Tribe of Mentors. Already have three copies on hold as we speak!
- Reducing time on my phone scrolling through countless of Instagram feeds, using that time for reading. But more on this later.
- Having an overflowing closet full of clothes. In light of gratitude we’ll just forget the fact that most of it is either active wear or summer clothing.
- Finally, having found the right tool to map my thoughts in: coggle.it!
- The Sinnamon highlighter from Rihanna’s Fenty beauty collection. I am loving that I always have radiance and sparks on my cheeks.
- My expanding book collection, it feels a little bit as if I have my own library.
- Spending my relaxing Saturday morning at the hair salon, reading a book while being pampered and sitting in massage chairs. Happy new hair!
- Even national TV can’t take the silly girl out of me. Dutch broadcasting network NOS managed to capture me doing a little happy dance at the end of this item.
- Facetiming with my parents while folding laundry.
- My supply of notebooks. Ideas can always be listed, anywhere anytime!
- The amount I got to travel the past year. City trips to Budapest, Vienna, Paris, Cologne and Bruges. Holiday to Hong Kong, Vietnam and Malaysia. Work trips to London and Birmingham. In 2017, I got to experience them all!
So how have you been holding up? Go give the happy list a try as I am sure you’ll enjoy summing up whatever makes you happy. Don’t forget to let us know in the comments what has made you happy! For now, I am signing off from my Harry Potter pajamas!